Victoria was feature in Volume 1 – Issue 2 of BarkPlaceNYC.com eMagazine recently – check out her Top Dog Tips;
1. Be positive – use positive reinforcement techniques to train your dog.
2. Socialize your dog – early socialization promotes security and confidence.
3. Exercise the body – exercise is a powerful stress reliever and helps prevent or modify negative behaviors such as excessive barking and chewing or stress related behavior such as separation anxiety and aggression.
4. Exercise the brain – training, using activity toys and playing with your dog. provides important mental stimulation and increases the human/animal bond
5. Stay healthy – you are what you eat and so is your dog. A dog’s behavior can be greatly influenced by the food he or she eats. Avoid cheap brands and feed your dog a good, healthy diet.